Guide to using eReaders with eLibraryNJ
eLibraryNJ is a free service that allows Old Bridge Library cardholders to download audiobooks and ebooks to their computers and transfer them to portable devices at any time of the day! eLibraryNJ offers a variety of popular fiction, romance, mystery, biography, business, history, self-improvement, and more for all ages. To access these digital materials you need:
- A valid Old Bridge Library card (beginning with 2930000) and PIN number.
If you do not have a PIN number, you will need to see someone at the circulation desk at the library. PIN numbers cannot be given out over the phone. For a listing of our hours, click here.
- Access to the internet.
- The Overdrive app (for mobile devices, or software for the device or computer on which you wish to use the materials you downloaded from eLibraryNJ.
A few things to know
- Books from eLibraryNJ are treated the same way as physical books. Once the lending period for an ebook or audiobook is expired, you will no longer have access to that book.
- eLibraryNJ supports a variety of ereaders and portable devices including the Barnes and Noble NOOK, Borders Kobo and the Kindle. For a full list of supported devices, click here.
- If your portable device supports apps like the iPhone, iPad, Windows Phone, Blackberry, or Android, you can browse eLibraryNJ on your device and download your books. For instructions click here.
- For answers to frequently asked questions about digital materials, click here.
Borrowing ebooks and audiobooks from eLibraryNJ
- Go to www.eLibraryNJ.com.
- Click on the link at the top of the page for “My Account”.
- Choose “Libraries of Middlesex Automation Consortium” as your library.
- Enter your full 14 digit library card number starting with 29300 and 4 digit pin number. Click “Sign In”.
- Browse eLibraryNJ for a title you are interested in using the “Quick Search” box on the right or browse new titles from the eLibraryNJ home page.
- Click “Join Waiting List” or “Add to Cart”. “Join Waiting List” means the book is currently being borrowed. You will receive an email when the book is ready for you.
- Choose your lending period (7-14 days), and click “Confirm Checkout”.
- Click “Download”.
Transferring your book to your device
Enjoy your book!
Enjoy your book!
For your convenience, these detailed instructions may also help:
Helpful video on downloading eBooks to a Kindle
Should you require further assistance with your device, please contact the Information Desk at (732) 721-5600 ext 5033.