To use curbside service, you must be a current Old Bridge Library cardholder, with no fines outstanding in excess of $5.00. Old Bridge patrons may also request items from other LMxAC libraries’ collections, as interlibrary borrowing is functioning at this time.
You can place orders for curbside pickup in one of these three ways:
- Requesting holds electronically through our online catalog (preferred method).
- By emailing OBPLcurbside@gmail.com.
- By calling (732) 721-5600 x. 5010(if email or access to our online catalog is unavailable).
Curbside service is offered seven days a week during library open hours.
Orders will be processed in the order received. As email orders will come in with a date stamp, any phone orders will be slotted in the proper time order.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. When did curbside pickup begin at the Old Bridge Public Library?
Curbside service began on Tuesday, June 23, 2020.
2. How can I place holds for curbside pickup?
Patrons can place holds on Old Bridge Public Library items through the following ways:
3. Can I place holds on items owned by other LMxAC libraries?
Yes! Delivery has resumed. We will keep you posted if this service gets shut down again.
4. Are there limits to the amount of items I can place on hold for pickup through curbside service?
We ask that patrons limit their holds requests to five items if asking staff members to assist them by phone. Regular holds limits apply if placing holds via our online catalog or through the OBPLcurbside@gmail.com email address.
5. I’ve placed my holds, and I’ve received notifications that they’re available. What do I do next?
Park your vehicle in the Central Branch parking lot, located at One Old Bridge Plaza in Old Bridge. Call (732) 721-5600 x. 5010 to let us know you’re here. A staff member will check out your items on your library account. They will bring your items out in a paper bag labelled with your last name and the due date of your items. This bag will be placed on a table underneath our exterior awning. Once the bag is there, you can come pick up your items.
6. How long will my items be held for?
Once they are available, library items will be held for you for 3 days.
7. What safety measures are being taken for patrons and staff?
All returned library items will be quarantined for at least 1 day before being made available to customers for pickup. Staff members will always wear masks while handling patron items. The exterior table on which items will be stored will also be disinfected on a regular basis.
Patrons are required to wear a mask when picking up their order at the pick-up table, and they are required to observe 6 feet of social distancing if there is a line for pick up.
8. Can I borrow items if I’m not an Old Bridge resident?
Curbside service and checkouts will be restricted to customers with a valid Old Bridge Public Library card at this time. This includes resident library cards, as well as paid non-resident cards.
9. What can I borrow?
You can borrow any loanable items that are currently in the library. If you want an OBPL item that’s not currently available, place a hold on it, and we will notify you when it’s available.
10. How long does it take to process my order?
Your orders will be processed in the order received. When you are selecting your items, our system will tell you if one of your titles is not available at the time of order. We will try to deliver the best service possible, and hopefully will have the request available within 2 business days of ordering.
11. Can I ask someone to pick up my items?
Yes. However, they must be able to provide your library card number, so please make sure they have that available.