Managing Librarian – Adult Services
Full-Time: Annual Salary $67,258
Serves as a member of the Old Bridge Library staff, encouraging lifelong learning and library use by providing reader advisory, research assistance, and technology education, and by
connecting people with resources and programs of interest. Knowledgeable about all aspects of the library, approachable, adept at communicating effectively, and committed to providing an excellent customer service experience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Supervises department staff, including scheduling, training, mentoring, and assigning
tasks to department personnel.
• Maintains staff morale, and reviews workflow and procedures to ensure maximum quality
• Participates in interviews and assists in making recommendations to the Director on hiring
and other personnel issues.
• Observes department staff on a daily basis. Provides staff with periodic verbal and
written evaluations (at least one written evaluation annually).
• Coordinates collection development within the department in response to community
needs, and participates in ordering specific print and non-print resources.
• Plans, coordinates, and participates in the development and execution of a variety of
programs, services, technology and resource acquisitions both for in-house and outreach
• Develops long and short-term goals related to services and resources for the department.
• Submits monthly and annual reports on the progress of objectives, programs, statistics,
and trends in the department.
• Prepares and justifies a department annual budget for strategic planning objectives
for the Library.
• Works with appropriate library staff to seek and implement grant funding for both new
and continuing projects.
• Cooperates with schools, businesses and relevant community organizations for
• Works evenings, days and weekends for the number of hours as defined in the current
contract and serves as Person In Charge when assigned.
• May serve as Notary Public.
• Personally, takes part in and encourages staff to participate in professional
• Maintains an appropriate professional appearance in dress and manner at all times.
• Performs other job-related tasks as assigned.
• Master’s Degree in Library Science (or equivalent) from an ALA accredited program.
• NJ Professional Librarian’s certificate issued by Thomas Edison State University.
• At least three years of post MLS library experience including supervision.
• Demonstrated experience in the following areas: flexibility, initiative, teamwork and
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing clearly, courteously and effectively with
library patrons and staff in the English language.
• Proficiency in the use of personal computers and MS Office Suite products, ILS software
(Sirsi preferred) and the internet.
• Possession of a valid driver’s license and ability to move between libraries and other locations.
Please send letter of interest and resume to Linda Reynolds, Executive Assistant for Personnel
Old Bridge Public Library, 1 Old Bridge Plaza, Old Bridge, NJ 08857 or firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 1, 2021