Passport applications are accepted on an appointment basis. Please email email@example.com to schedule a passport appointment with one of our agents. Please include your name, phone number, email address, preferred visiting time and the services you require. We will respond to your message within one business day.
Due to the pandemic, passport processing by the Department of State may take several months. We are unable to request expedited processing at this time.
Days of operation
Days of Operation: Tuesdays through Saturdays
Old Bridge Public Library is a designated passport acceptance facility
- The acceptance of a passport application can be time-consuming. Please bring all necessary materials to your appointment. This is especially important if applying for passports for multiple family members.
- We will do everything we can to help you track the progress of your application; but, we have no control over its actual processing. Processing time may fluctuate according to workload in the US Passport processing offices.
- For a child under age 16, both parents or the child’s legal guardian(s) must appear when submitting a passport application. If only one parent appears, you must also submit one of the following:
- The parent that cannot go with the child must give permission by completing Form DS-3053 “Statement of Consent.” You must submit the completed form with the child’s passport application. (Sign and date form in the presence of a certified notary public, and submit a photocopy of the front and back side of the ID presented to the notary public with form.) or
- Primary evidence of sole authority to apply, or
- A written statement (made under penalty of perjury) explaining the second parent’s unavailability.
What’s needed to apply?
You must apply at a Passport Acceptance Facility if your previous passport was issued before you were 16 or your previous passport expired more than 5 years ago.
All applicants must be present when applying.
1. Proof of citizenship*:
- Applicants born in the U.S. : need a certified birth certificate with a raised, embossed, or multicolored seal; showing the full name of the parent(s); signature of Registrar; and a filing date that is within one year of the birth issued from the Bureau of Vital Statistics or the city of birth. Children under the age of 16 must submit a birth certificate even if they previously had a passport.
- Birth certificates issued by Jersey City, NJ require a birth certificate issued by the N.J. Bureau of Vital Statistics in Trenton (609-292-4087 or 609-633-2860).
- State Vital Records Office information is available online through the website of The National Center for Health Statistics.
- Applicants born outside the U.S. : must submit a Certificate of Naturalization, Certificate of Citizenship, Consular Report of Birth, or a Certification Report of Birth Abroad. Foreign-born children of naturalized parents may apply for a U.S. Passport, provided the child was under the age of 18 when the parents became naturalized.
*You will be required to submit these documents with your application. These documents will be returned with your newly issued U.S. passport or in a separate mailing.
2. Proof of identity:
- Prior U.S. Passport
- Valid photo driver’s license
- Government photo ID: city, state or federal
- Military photo ID: military and dependents, etc.
- Naturalization Certificate
3. Social Security number
4. Passport fees:
A separate check or money order, payable to the U.S. Dept. of State, is required for each application.
Passport Book Fee for Routine Processing
Applicants age 16 & over $110
Applicants under age 16 $80
Passport Card Fee for Routine Processing
Applicants age 16 and over $30
Applicants under age 16 $15
Expedited Processing: Available at an additional cost of $60 per passport card or book.
Express Mail: (Optional, but strongly suggested with expedited service) add $17.13 to the check/money order to “US Dept. of State” and $16.00 to “Old Bridge Library.”
(Express mail is not available for passport card.)
5. Acceptance Fee:
The $35 acceptance fee may be paid by cash, check, or money order to “Old Bridge Library.” You may combine multiple payments to the library on one check or money order.
The Library offers passport photos at a cost of $10.
For more information…
Visit Travel.State.Gov or call
the Passport Information Center
Old Bridge Public Library
Passport Acceptance Service
1 Old Bridge Plaza
Old Bridge, NJ 08857
732-721-5600 ext 5031