Staff Librarian (two positions available – one in Adult Services and one in Youth Services)
Full-Time: Annual Salary $59,041
Provides reference and reader’s advisory services. Plans and schedules Library programs. Manages areas of the collection.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides reference and reader’s advisory services.
- Manages assigned area(s) of the collection, including selection and weeding.
- Plans and schedules library programs.
- May assist in the coordination of ESL services.
- Cooperates with schools, businesses, and relevant community organizations for outreach services.
- May supervise and train volunteers as necessary.
- May serve as a Notary Public.
- Assists customers in the use of the public catalog, computers, and copiers.
- Provides formal and informal technology training when assigned.
- Develops instructional tools such as bibliographies and research guides.
- Promotes library services, programs, and resources.
- May work collaboratively with School District on programs.
- May participate in the writing and administration of grants and special projects.
- Participates in Library and professional meetings, workshops, webinars, and other continuing education opportunities.
- Works a flexible schedule including days, evenings, and weekends.
- Presents and maintains a business-like appearance.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- MLS/MLIS from an ALA accredited library school.
- Must have or be eligible to obtain a New Jersey Professional Librarian Certificate.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in the following areas: flexibility, initiative, teamwork, and customer service.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing clearly, courteously, and effectively in the English language.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers and MS Office products, ILS software (SirsiDynix preferred), and the internet.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
Please send letter of interest and resume to Linda Reynolds, Executive Assistant for Personnel, Old Bridge Public Library, 1 Old Bridge Plaza, Old Bridge, New Jersey 08857 or email@example.com no later than October 25, 2021.