How to Obtain a Library Card
- A library card is free if you live or work in Old Bridge or Laurence Harbor, $75 fee for all others
- Come to the Central Library or the Laurence Harbor Libraries
- Provide proof of your current or work address
- Children under 17 years of age must have a parent or guardian sign for the card
Who May Borrow
- Anyone with a library card from the Old Bridge Library, or from LMxAC or MURAL member libraries, may borrow library materials
- You MUST have your own library card with you. We cannot accept any other form of ID
- Each library card is issued to one person only, and cannot be loaned or transferred to others, including family members
- New books – 2 weeks
- Audio books – 2 weeks
- Books – 3 weeks
- VHS/DVDs – 7 days
- Instructional VHS/DVDs – 2 weeks
- Magazines – 3 weeks
Fines and Charges
- Replacement fee for a lost library card is $2.00
- Fines on overdue new books – 20 cents per day per item
- Fines on overdue books – 10 cents per day per item
- Fines on VHS/DVDs are charged at a rate of $1.00
per day per item
- The charge for lost item is the cost of the item, plus an additional $1.00 processing fee
- The charges for damaged books vary depending on
the amount of damage
Returning Library Materials
Books and other materials may be returned inside the Central or Laurence Harbor libraries. There are both outside and inside book drops located at the Central Library and one outside the Laurence Harbor Library. Items labeled to not use the book drops must be returned directly to a circulation desk.
All materials may be renewed in person, over the telephone or through our website.
To renew books through our website, click Search our Online Catalog, click on “My Account” then on “Renew my Materials.” You will be required to enter your library card and PIN numbers. Select one or all items you wish to renew.
Renewals are accepted unless the material is on reserve for another patron.
Holds and Requests
Holds for materials may be placed in person, over the telephone or through our website.
To place a hold through our website, click Search our Online Catalog. Search for the book. When you find the item, click on “Place Hold.” Enter your library card and PIN numbers, then click on the “Place Hold” button.
Requests for an item that are otherwise unavailable (for example, no library in the LMxAC consortium owns the item) may be placed in person or over the telephone. Please note – we cannot guarantee that a request can be fulfilled.